|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
"Thurso, Don, and very good on the Wye."
|Tags||farlow, thurso, don, wye,|
- Tag: Gold twist, yellow silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping
- Body: Two turns of yellow silk, yellow Seal's fur
- Ribs: Black purse silk, gold lace and silver tinsel. All together
- Hackle: Yellow from yellow silk
- Throat: Light Bustard
- Wings: Strips of dark mottled Turkey, Golden Pheasant tail, and Bustard. Yellow, red and blue Swan. Golden Pheasant topping
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Head: Black wool
As written in the book:
TAG. Gold twist and yellow silk.
TAIL. A topping.
BODY. Two turns of yellow silk, followed by yellow Seal's fur.
RIBS. Black purse silk, gold lace, and silver tinsel (together).
HACKLE. A yellow hackle, from yellow silk.
THROAT. Light Bustard.
WINGS. Strips of dark mottled Turkey, Golden Pheasant tail, and Bustard; Swan dyed yellow, red, and blue; and a topping.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Black wool.