|Book||A Book on Angling|
- Tag: Silver thread, one turn of orange floss
- Tail: Small golden pheasant topping
- Body: One turn of light yellow, remaining black mohair
- Hackle: Black
- Rib: Medium silver tinsel
- Wing: Strips of heron wing
As written in the book:
Is similar [to no.1], save that at the tail end of the body there is one turn of light yellow mohair, and the wings are strips of bluish-black from a heron's wing.
Similar to: Tag, silver thread, and one turn of orange floss; tail, a small topping; body, black mohair; black hackle;
medium silver tinsel; wings, strips of silver-grey mottled turkey, or in default a bit of good bright peacock might ditto.
Long material list
Pheasant - Golden
Latin: Chrysolophus pictus
Feather - Head
|Yellow - Light|
Chicken - Cock
Latin: Gallus gallus domesticus
|Feather - Neck||Black|
Latin: Family: Ardeidae
Feather - Wing
Materials in pattern
We are working on getting more images to cover all parts.