|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"Used with success on the Dee, Spey, Lochy, Garry, Blackwater, and Beauly."
|Tags||kelson, dee, spey, lochy, garry, blackwater, beauly,|
- Tag: Silver twist, cream and crimson silk
- Tail: In strands: Ibis, powdered blue Macaw, Golden Pheasant tippet and Peacock wing. Narrow strips of Summer Duck
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Two turns claret silk. Remaining: 1/2 dark blue and 1/2 black Seal's fur
- Hackle: Black Heron from blue Seal's fur
- Throat: Guinea
- Rib: Silver and silver twist
- Wing: In strands: Peacock wing dyed claret, powdered blue Macaw, red Macaw, and Teal. Golden Pheasant Tail, Guinea
- Roof: Mallard
- Topping: Golden Pheasant topping
- Side: Jungle Cock
- Cheek: Indian Crow
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist, cream silk, and crimson silk.
TAIL. Ibis, powdered blue Macaw, tippet, and Peacock wing, in strands; with two (shorter) narrow strips of Summer Duck.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Claret silk (two turns), dark blue Seal's fur, and black Seal's fur, in equal divisions.
HACKLE. Black Heron from blue Seal's fur.
RIBS. Silver tinsel and silver twist.
WINGS. Peacock wing dyed claret, powdered blue Macaw, red Macaw, and Teal, in strands ; Golden Pheasant Tail, Gallina, Mallard, and a topping.
CHEEKS. Indian Crow.
HEAD. Black herl.