|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"A special pattern for fish lying behind upright rocks and large boulders."
- Tag: Silver twist
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Summer Duck
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/3 light blue silk, veiled with fibers of Grande Breve Tocate above and below, black herl. 2/3 claret silk
- Rib: 1/3 silver twist,2/3 oval silver
- Hackle: Dark claret over claret
- Throat: Blue Jay
- Wings: Golden Pheasant tippet fibers, good amount, veiled with Mallard. Golden Pheasant topping
- Sides: Jungle Cock, extra large, short strip of large Summer Duck
- Cheeks: Grande Breve Tocate, extra large
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist (plenty).
TAIL. A topping and Summer Duck.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. One third light blue silk, ribbed with silver twist and butted with fibres of Grande Breve Tocate above and below, and black herl; followed by claret silk having a dark claret hackle along it, and ribbed with silver tinsel (oval).
WINGS. Tippet fibres (plenty) veiled with Mallard; and a topping.
SIDES. Jungle (extra size) and a short strip of large Summer Duck.
CHEEKS. Grande Breve Tocate (extra size).