|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
- Tag: Silver twist, blue silk
- Tail: Toucan, Golden Pheasant tippet strands, Teal
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Two turns silver tinsel, three turns
red-claret silk, four turns gold tinsel, five turns dark blue silk
- Ribs: Fine oval silver
- Hackle: Blue, from gold tinsel
- Throat: Blue Jay
- Underwings: Long Amherst Pheasant tail, Golden Pheasant tippet strands
- Wing: Two long and two shorter Jungle Cock, three Golden Pheasant toppings
- Horns: Blue Macaw
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and blue silk.
TAIL. Toucan, tippet strands, and Teal.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Two turns of silver tinsel, three turns of red-claret silk, four turns of gold tinsel, five turns of dark blue silk (or in such proportions) .
RIBS. Silver tinsel (fine, oval).
HACKLE. Blue, from gold tinsel.
WINGS. Underwing (long) Amherst Pheasant tail, and Golden Pheasant tippet strands; two long Jungle, and two shorter (understood as "double Jungle") and three toppings.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.