|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"A good early fly on the Dee, Spey, etc."
|Tags||kelson, dee, spey,|
- Tag: Silver twist, pink silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Peacock wing, Summer Duck
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Yellow quill, four turns of red-orange Seal's fur at throat
- Ribs: Narrow oval silver, flat broad silver
- Hackle: Silver coch-a-bonddu from second turn. Yellow hen Pheasant from Seal's fur
- Throat: Widgeon
- Wings: Two Golden Pheasant tippets back to back, two extending Jungle Cock, yellow and red-orange Swan, two Golden Pheasant toppings
- Sides: Jungle Cock
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and pink silk.
TAIL. A topping, Peacock wing and Summer Duck.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Quill dyed yellow, with four turns of red-orange Seal's fur at throat.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (oval, narrow) and silver tinsel (flat, broad).
HACKLE. A silver coch-a-bonddu from second turn ; hen Pheasant hackle dyed yellow from Seal's fur.
WINGS. Two tippets (back to back), two extending Jungle (one on each side), Swan dyed yellow and red-orange, and two toppings.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Black herl.