|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"This is one of the best patterns in dirty water. I invariably use it on the Earn, Tweed, Usk, Spey; and in very high water on the Lochy"
|Tags||kelson, earn, tweed, usk, spey, lochy,|
- Tag: Gold twist, mouse-coloured Seal's fur
- Tail: Golden Pheasant tippet, Ibis and Summer Duck in strands, two points of Jungle back to back
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Oval gold, red Seal's fur
- Ribs: Oval silver
- Hackle: Natural blue-dun, from second turn. Red Hen Pheasant from Seal's fur
- Wings: Two long Jungle Cock back to back, red and yellow Swan, Bustard, Golden Pheasant tail, two Golden Pheasant toppings
- Sides: Summer Duck
As written in the book:
TAG. Gold twist and mouse-coloured Seal's fur.
TAIL. Tippet, Ibis and Summer Duck in strands, and two points of Jungle (back to back).
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Gold tinsel (oval) three parts, followed by red Seal's fur.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (oval).
HACKLE. A natural blue-dun, from second turn; and a hen Pheasant dyed red, from Seal's fur.
WINGS. Two long Jungle (back to back), Swan dyed red and yellow, Bustard, Golden Pheasant tail, and two toppings.
SIDES. Summer Duck.