|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"One of the original fancy flies on the Usk and a useful pattern at the present time on most rivers"|
- Tag: Silver twist, pink silk
- Tail: Ibis, yellow Macaw, Teal
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Two turns red chenille, yellow chenille
- Ribs: Oval silver
- Hackle: Bismarck brown coch-a-bonddu, from red chenille
- Throat: Guinea
- Wings: Two Golden Pheasant tippets, enveloping two extended red hackles. Veiled with grey Mallard, black Cockatoo's tail, Teal. Mallard, Goldenb Pheasant topping
- Cheeks: Indian Crow, Tanager
- Horns: Red Macaw
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and pink silk.
TAIL. Ibis, yellow Macaw and Teal.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Two turns of red chenille, followed by yellow chenille.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (oval).
HACKLE. From red chenille, a white coch-a-bonddu dyed light Bismarck brown.
WINGS. Two tippets, enveloping two extended red hackles; veiled with grey Mallard, black Cockatoo's tail, and Teal; Mallard and a topping.
CHEEKS. Indian Crow and Tanager, respectively.
HORNS. Red Macaw.