|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"This old standard is used everywhere. For my own work I always add a topping to the wing."
- Tag: Silver twist, yellow silk
- Tail: Goldebn Pheasant topping, Teal, powdered blue Macaw
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/4 of each: light red-claret, light blue, dark red-claret and dark blue Seal's fur
- Rib: Silver, on large hooks preceded by silver lace
- Hackle: Natural black, from light red-claret Seal's fur
- Throat: A yellow hackle and Gallina
- Underwing: Golden Pheasant tippet and breast feather of the Golden Pheasant, back to-back
- Wing: Teal, Golden Pheasant tail, Guinea, Bustard, Peacock wing, strands of Parrot and yellow Swan, Mallard
- Horn: Blue Macaw
- Cheeks: Chatterer
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and yellow silk.
TAIL. Topping, Teal, and powdered blue Macaw.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. In four equal divisions of Seal's fur, viz.: light red-claret and light blue, dark red-claret and dark blue respectively.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (preceded on large hooks by silver lace).
HACKLE. A natural black, from light red-claret Seal's fur.
THROAT. A yellow hackle and Gallina.
WINGS. A tippet, and breast feather of the Golden Pheasant (back to-back) veiled with Teal, Golden Pheasant tail, Gallina, Bustard, and Peacock wing; strands of Parrot and Swan dyed yellow; and Mallard.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Black herl.