|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"This is a splendid pattern. I always take it with me. On some rivers it is known as 'Baron Dawson.'"|
- Tag: Silver twist, yellow silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Chatterer
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Silver tinsel, butted at center with Indian Crow and black herl
- Ribs: Oval silver
- Throat: Indian Crow, light blue
- Wings: Light mottled Turkey, yellow Macaw, Golden Pheasant tail, Teal, powdered blue Macaw, Ibis, dark mottled Turkey, grey Mallard. Mallard and a Golden Pheasant topping
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and yellow silk.
TAIL. A topping and Chatterer.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. In two equal sections of silver tinsel, butted at centre with Indian Crow and black herl.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (oval).
THROAT. Indian Crow, repeated as above, and light blue hackle.
WINGS. Light mottled Turkey, yellow Macaw, Golden Pheasant tail, Teal, powdered blue Macaw, Ibis, dark mottled Turkey, grey Mallard; Mallard and a topping.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Black herl.