|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"A useful fly on the Usk and other " Eed " rivers, when a thorough change is desirable."
- Tag: Gold twist, scarlet silk
- Tail: Toucan, small Jungle Cock dyed scarlet, two extending strands of Peacock wing
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Two turns of black silk, black Seal's fur
- Ribs: Oval gold
- Throat: Medium blue and Guinea dyed light orange (same colour as Toucan)
- Underwing: Guinea and Golden Pheasant tippet strands in different
- Wing: Peacock herl. Light orange, scarlet and blue Swan. Two thin strips of Summer Duck, two strips of black Turkey, white tipped, Golden Pheasant topping
- Sides: Jungle Cock dyed scarlet
- Horns: Red Macaw
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Gold twist and scarlet silk.
TAIL. Toucan, one small Jungle dyed scarlet, with two extending strands of Peacock wing.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Two turns of black silk, followed by black Seal's fur.
RIBS. Gold tinsel (oval).
THROAT. Medium blue hackle and Gallina dyed light orange (the same in colour as the Toucan).
WINGS. Gallina and tippet strands in different lengths for underwing, Peacock herl, Swan dyed light orange, scarlet, and blue; two thin strips of Summer Duck, capped with two strips of the black sheeny Turkey, white tipped, taken from the undertail of an old bird, and a topping.
SIDES. Jungle fowl dyed scarlet.
HORNS. Red Macaw.
HEAD. Black herl.