|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"A good fly on most rivers used in sizes up to 2/0."
- Tag: Silver twist, gold twist
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, powdered blue Macaw, Teal
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/3 orange Seal's fur, 1/3 violet silk, 1/3 black silk
- Ribs: Silver tinsel, gold lace
- Hackle: Red-claret and light blue, stripped on one side, from violet silk
- Throat: Blue Jay
- Wings: Golden Pheasant tail and tippet strands. Teal, Mallard, Golden Pheasant topping
- Sides: Ibis and powdered blue Macaw, married
- Horns: Blue Macaw
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and gold twist, respectively.
TAIL. A topping, powdered blue Macaw, and Teal.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Orange Seal's fur, violet silk and black silk, in equal divisions.
RIBS. Silver tinsel and gold lace.
HACKLE. From violet silk ; one side of a red-claret and one side of a light blue hackle, forming one.
WINGS. Golden Pheasant tail and tippet strands; Teal, Mallard, and a topping.
SIDES. Ibis and powdered blue Macaw (married).
HORNS. Blue Macaw.