|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"A well-known old standard. Kills well on the Bundrowes and Blackwater; an excellent low-water fly on the Shannon and a general favourite throughout Scotland and Wales."
|Tags||farlow, bundrowes, blackwater, shannon,|
- Tag: Silver twist, light bine silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Four turns of claret, dark yellow silk
- Ribs: Broad silver
- Hackle: Claret, from claret silk
- Throat: Blue Jay
- Wings: Two Golden Pheasant tippets back to back. Golden Pheasant tail, Bustard, Peacock wing. red and blue Macaw, Golden Pheasant topping
- Sides: Narrow strip of Summer Duck
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and light bine silk.
TAIL. A topping.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Four turns of claret silk, followed by dark yellow silk.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (broad).
HACKLE. Claret hackle, from claret silk.
WINGS. Two tippets (back to back) capped with Golden Pheasant tail, Bustard, Peacock wing ; red, and blue Macaw, and a topping.
SIDES. A narrow strip of Summer Duck.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Black herl.