|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"The first fancy fly used on the Usk and a universal favourite of to-day."
- Tag: Gold twist, scarlet silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Teal, Ibis
- Body: Light blue, yellow, claret and dark blue Seal's fur
- Ribs: Silver, gold lace
- Hackle: Claret, from claret fur
- Throat: Scarlet hackle, Guinea
- Wings: One Golden Pheasant tippet, claret hackle
veiled with a Snipe feather on each side, Bustard, Ibis, yellow Swan, Golden Pheasant topping
- Horns: Blue Macaw
As written in the book:
TAG. Gold twist and scarlet silk.
TAIL. A topping, Teal, and Ibis.
BODY. Light blue, yellow, claret, and dark blue Seal's fur, equally divided.
RIBS. Silver tinsel and gold lace.
HACKLE. Claret hackle, from claret fur.
THROAT. Scarlet hackle and Gallina.
WINGS. One tippet, backed with a claret hackle veiled with a Snipe feather on each side, Bustard, Ibis, Swan dyed yellow, and a topping.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.