|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"This double strip-winged fly is a superb pattern on the Earn. It takes after the style introduced on the Dee by Garden of Aberdeen."
|Tags||kelson, earn, dee,|
- Tag: Gold twist, yellow silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping and tippet strands
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/2 yellow Seal's fur, with two strips of Mandarin Drake as body wing. 1/2 dark blue Seal's fur
- Rib: 1/2 gold, 1/2 broad gold
- Hackle: Yellow over yellow fur, from second turn. Blue over blue fur, from second turn
- Throat: Blue Jay
- Wings: Two strips of Mandarin Drake
As written in the book:
TAG. Gold twist and yellow silk.
TAIL. A topping and tippet strands.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. In two equal sections: No. 1, yellow Seal's fur, ribbed with gold tinsel, and with a small yellow hackle from second turn; having two strips of Mandarin Drake (white tipped) to form one set of body wings: No. 2, dark blue Seal's fur, ribbed with broad gold tinsel, and with a light blue hackle from second turn.
WINGS. Two strips (a trifle longer than the others) of Mandarin Drake (white tipped).