|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"Tied in sizes varying from No. 4/0 to 7/0, this is a favourite high water fly on the Sundal. (Courtney, Killarney)."
|Tags||daly, sundal, courtney, killarney,|
- Tag: Silver twist, yellow Seal's fur
- Tail: Two Golden Pheasant red breast feathers back to back
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/4 light orange, 1/4 dark orange, 1/2 dark claret Seal's fur
- Ribs: Oval silver, oval gold
- Hackle: Dark claret, from center
- Throat: Blue
- Wings: Two Golden Pheasant red breast feathers, back to back, to tag, Peacock herl (main part of wing), Golden Pheasant tail, red Macaw, Golden Pheasant topping.
- Sides: Summer Duck
feather, to center of body
- Head: Black wool
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and yellow Seal's fur.
TAIL. Two red-breasts of Golden Pheasant (back to back).
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Light and dark orange (half way) followed by dark claret Seal's fur.
RIBS. Silver and gold tinsels (oval).
HACKLE. A dark claret hackle, from centre.
THROAT. Blue hackle.
WINGS. Two red-breasts of Golden Pheasant (back to back) reaching tag, Peacock herl (principally), Golden Pheasant tail, red Macaw, and a topping: veiled, to centre of body, with a Summer Duck feather on each side.
HEAD. Black wool.