|Author||Pryce-Tannatt, Thomas Edwin|
|Book||How to Dress Salmon Flies|
- Hook: 1 1/4 to 3 inches
- Tag: Silver thread, golden yellow floss
- Tail: Golden pheasant topping, Blue Chatterer. Optional Indian Crow
- Butt: Scarlet Berlin wool
- Body: Flat silver
- Ribs: Fine oval silver
- Throat: Magenta, Widgeon
- Wing: Mixed. Golden pheasant tippet in strands, Golden Pheasant tail over. Scarlet, blue and yellow Swan. Florican, Bustard, Peacock wing and light, mottled Turkey tail;. Narrow strips of Teal and barred Summer Duck
- Roof: Brown Mallard over
- Topping: Golden pheasant topping
- Cheeks: Indian Crow, Chatterer
As written in the book:
To all intents and purposes this is the same fly as the Silver Doctor, except that the throat is a magenta hackle instead of a blue hackle, followed by Widgeon; the scarlet wool for the head is omitted, and sometimes Indian Crow as well as Chatterer figures in the tail, and cheeks of Indian Crow and Chatterer are added. (As is the case with many patterns, however, no two people dress the Silver Wilkinson alike.)
(hook, 1 1/4 to 3 inches).
Tag: Silver thread and golden yellow floss.
Tail: A topping and Blue Chatterer.
Butt: Scarlet Berlin wool.
Body: Flat silver tinsel.
Ribs: Fine oval silver tinsel.
Throat: A pale blue hackle, followed by Widgeon.
Wings: Mixed - tippet in strands with strips of Golden Pheasant tail over; "married" strands of scarlet, blue and yellow Swan, Florican, Bustard, Peacock wing, and light, mottled Turkey tail; "married " narrow strips of Teal and barred Summer Duck; narrow strips of brown Mallard over; a topping over all.
Head: Scarlet Berlin wool.