|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"A good fly on the Earn, Usk, and many Irish waters; also from the middle of May, on the Spey."
|Tags||kelson, earn, usk, irish, spey,|
- Tag: Gold twist, yellow silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Guinea
- Butt: Red wool
- Body: 1/3 yellow, claret Seal's fur
- Rib: Gold tinsel, silver lace
- Hackle: Claret from yellow
- Throat: Guinea
- Underwing: Golden Pheasant Tippet, Teal, and Peacock wing
- Wing: Amherst Pheasant, Golden Pheasant tail, Bustard, yellow and claret Swan, Mallard
- Sides: Married strips of Teal and Ibis
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Head: Red wool
As written in the book:
TAG. Gold twist and yellow silk.
TAIL. A topping and Gallina.
BUTT. Red wool.
BODY. One third yellow Seal's fur then claret Seal's fur.
RIBS. Gold tinsel and silver lace.
HACKLE. Claret hackle from yellow fur.
WINGS. Tippet, Teal, and Peacock wing for underwing; Amherst Pheasant, Golden Pheasant tail, Bustard, Swan dyed yellow and claret; and Mallard.
SIDES. Married strips of Teal and Ibis.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Red wool.