|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"A popular fly on South Esk. For personal use I make the butt with scarlet wool."
- Tag: Silver twist, scarlet silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Summer Duck
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/2 yellow silk, veiled with Indian Crow above and below, black herl. 1/2 light blue silk
- Rib: 1/2 silver, 1/2 oval silver
- Hackle: Yellow from light blue silk
- Wing: Golden Pheasant tippet fibres, Yellow and red Swan, Golden Pheasant tail, powdered blue Macaw, Summer Duck
- Topping: Golden Pheasant topping
- Side: Jungle Cock
- Head: Scarlet wool
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and scarlet silk.
TAIL. A topping and Summer Duck.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. In two equal sections: No. 1, yellow silk, ribbed with silver tinsel, butted with Indian Crow above and below, and black
herl. No. 2, light blue silk, ribbed with silver tinsel (oval).
HACKLE. A yellow hackle from centre.
WINGS. Tippet fibres, Swan dyed yellow and red, Golden Pheasant tail, powdered blue Macaw, Summer Duck, and a topping.
HEAD. Scarlet wool.