|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"This old standard pattern has undergone considerable change of "toilette," and is now universally dressed as above. Formerly the body was made with gold embossed tinsel, which I prefer. I believe it was invented by W. J. Davidson."
- Tag: Gold twist, orange silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Jungle Cock
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Gold
- Ribs: Oval gold
- Hackle: Orange from second turn
- Throat: Blue Jay
- Wings: Two strips of Peacock wing, Mallard, Golden Pheasant topping
- Horns: Blue and red Macaw
- Cheeks: Chatterer
As written in the book:
TAG. Gold twist and orange silk.
TAIL. A topping, and point of Jungle.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Gold tinsel.
RIBS. Gold tinsel (oval).
HACKLE. Orange hackle, from second turn.
WINGS. Two strips of Peacock wing, Mallard, and a topping.
HORNS. Blue and red Macaw.