|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"One of the best standards for use 'on the top of a flood.' For Spring fishing I dress the body of Pig's wool; and for clear water and small sizes, a hen Pheasant dyed yellow instead of Eagle"|
- Tag: Fine oval silver, crimson silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Summer Duck
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Canary, yellow, dark orange and crimson Seal's fur
- Ribs: Silver and silver lace
- Hackle: Yellow Eagle from dark orange fur
- Throat: Two turns crimson Guinea
- Wings: Two Jungle Cock enveloped by Two Golden Pheasant sword. Bustard, Amherst Pheasant tail, yellow and crimson Swan, Golden Pheasant topping
- Sides: Jungle Cock
- Cheeks: Jungle Cock points
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver tinsel (fine, oval) and crimson silk.
TAIL. A topping and Summer Duck.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Canary, yellow, dark orange, and crimson Seal's fur.
RIBS. Silver tinsel and silver lace.
HACKLE. Yellow Eagle, from dark orange.
THROAT. Gallina (two turns) dyed crimson.
WINGS. Two Golden Pheasant sword (back to back) enveloping two extended Jungle (back to back); Bustard, Amherst Pheasant tail, Swan dyed yellow and crimson; and a topping.
CHEEKS. Jungle (points).