|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"A favourite in Ireland and a general fly on the Hampshire Avon."
|Tags||bernard, irish, avon,|
- Tag: Silver twist, pink silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/3 light lilac silk, buted with black herl. 1/3 dark lilac or slate coloured silk, butted with black herl. 1/3 pink silk
- Ribs: Fine silver
- Hackle: Natural straw coloured coch-a-bonddu over pink silk
- Wings: Guinea, Summer Duck, red-claret and yellow Swan, Golden Pheasant tail, tippet and topping
- Sides: Jungle Cock
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and pink silk.
TAIL. A topping.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. In three sections butted with black herl: No. 1, light lilac silk; No. 2, dark lilac or slate coloured silk; No. 3, pink silk.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (fine).
HACKLE. From third butt, a natural straw coloured coch-a-bonddu.
WINGS. Gallina, Summer Duck, Swan dyed red-claret and yellow, Golden Pheasant tail and tippet, and a topping.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Black herl.