|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"RIVERS : Tweed, etc.
(NOTE. This fly occasionally kills under general conditions of weather and water, but is frequently found useful as a special standard for
moving sulky fish.)"
- Tag: Silver twist, yellow silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, strands of Summer Duck, Chatterer
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 2/3 silver tinsel, light blue silk
- Ribs: Oval silver
- Throat: Light blue, Guinea
- Wings: Two Jungle Cock, Two Golden Pheasant tippets back to back
- Sides: Summer Duck, covering lower part of Golden Pheasant tippet
- Cheeks: Chatterer
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Head: Black Berlin Wool
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and yellow silk.
TAIL. Topping, strands of Summer Duck and Chatterer.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Silver tinsel, nearly 2/3 , and finish with light blue silk.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (oval).
THROAT. A light blue hackle and Gallina.
WINGS. Two tippets (back to back) enveloping two projecting Jungle (back to back).
SIDES. Summer Duck, covering lower part of tippet.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Black Berlin Wool.