|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"Long experience decides this to be one of the best Summer flies for general use. Several nondescripts of mine take the character of The Little Inky-boy, the gut being dyed in different colours. These patterns are best made with thin bodies and light wings."
- Tag: Silver twist, one turn crimson Berlin wool
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping
- Body: Fine Trout gut dyed black, closely coiled
- Throat: Three turns silver coch-a-bonddu dyed yellow
- Wings: A few Golden Pheasant tippet strands, two narrow strips of unbarred Summer Duck, Golden Pheasant topping
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and one turn of crimson Berlin wool.
TAIL. A topping.
BODY. Fine Trout gut dyed black, closely coiled.
THROAT. Three turns of silver coch-a-bonddu dyed yellow.
WINGS. A few tippet strands, two narrow strips of unbarred Summer Duck and a topping.