|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"A useful North Esk pattern."
- Tag: Silver twist, yellow silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Chocolate silk
- Ribs: Silver
- Hackle: Last 1/4 of body: Light orange
- Wings: Golden Pheasant tippet, Golden Pheasant tail, Pintail, Golden Pheasant topping
- Sides: Jungle Cock
- Head: Light orange, two turns
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and yellow silk.
TAIL. A topping.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Chocolate silk.
RIBS. Silver tinsel.
HACKLE. Light orange hackle (one-fourth of body).
WINGS. Tippet, Golden Pheasant tail, Pintail and a topping.
HEAD. Two turns of hackle same as before.