|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"The 'Black Ardea' is simply a variation, the only difference being that the body is made of black silk instead of silver tinsel"
- Tag: Silver twist, yellow silk
- Tail: 3 Golden Bird of Paradise
- Body: Silver
- Ribs: Oval silver
- Hackle: Bright red-claret
- Throat: White Heron, dyed light blue
- Wings: Mixed: Peacock wing, Bustard, Golden Pheasant tail, Amherst Pheasant tail, black and white mottled Turkey, Red Macaw, yellow and blue Swan, Golden Pheasant topping
- Sides: Jungle Cock
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and yellow silk.
TAIL. Golden Bird of Paradise (3).
BODY. Silver tinsel.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (oval).
HACKLE. Bright red-claret (a white coch-a-bonddu dyed in "*Cardinal," 2288, Woolley & Co., Manchester).
THROAT. White Heron, dyed light blue.
WINGS. (Mixed) Peacock wing, Bustard, Golden Pheasant tail, Amherst Pheasant tail, black and white mottled Turkey, Red Macaw, Swan dyed yellow and blue and a topping.
HEAD. Black herl.