|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"An old favourite for a 'thorough change'"
- Tag: Silver twist, scarlet Seal's fur
- Butt: Three turns of Golden Pheasant tippet
- Body: Light green-olive chenille
- Center Hackle: Four turns Golden Pheasant tippet, one size larger than butt
- Front Hackle: Five turns Golden Pheasant tippet, larger than center hackle
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and scarlet Seal's fur. No. 1, hackle (or butt) three turns of Tippet.
BODY. Light green-olive chenille. No. 2, hackle (in centre) four turns of tippet one size larger. No. 3, hackle (or head) five turns of tippet, still larger.