|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"An old Usk fly, used also on the Thurso, Wye, and Don"
|Tags||williams, usk, thurso, wye, don,|
- Tag: Silver twist, violet silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping and tippet strands
- Body: Two turns yellow silk, yellow Seal's fur
- Ribs: Oval silver
- Hackle: Yellow, from silk
- Throat: Scarlet, veiled with two small Golden Pheasant toppings
- Wings: Two Golden Pheasant tippets back to back, strip of Summer Duck, two Golden Pheasant toppings
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Cheeks: Chatterer
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and violet silk.
TAIL. A topping and tippet strands.
BODY. Two turns of yellow silk, followed by yellow Seal's fur.
RIBS. Silver tinsel (oval).
HACKLE. Yellow hackle from silk.
THROAT. Scarlet hackle, veiled with two small toppings.
WINGS. Two tippets (back to back), a strip of Summer Duck on each side, and two toppings.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.