|Book||How to Tie Salmon Flies|
- Tag: Silver twist, light yellow floss
- Tail: Golden pheasant topping, scarlet ibis and guinea
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Light red-claret silk, two turns. Claret seal's fur
- Rib: Oval silver tinsel
- Hackle: Claret
- Throat: Jay
- Wing: Mixed. Teal, golden pheasant tippet, florican, light mottled turkey, parrot, golden pheasant tail, guinea, and dark bustard. Yellow, yellow-green, light yellow, and claret swan
- Roof: Mallard
- Sides: Yellow macaw, scarlet ibis
- Horns: Blue macaw
- Head: Black
This pattern contains cites material. The following list is a suggestion of substitutes you can use for this pattern.
As written in the book:
Tag. Silver twist and light yellow floss.
Tail. Topping, scarlet ibis and gallina.
Butt. Black herl.
Body. Two turns, light red-claret silk, remainder claret seal's fur.
Ribbed. Oval silver tinsel.
Wings. Mixed teal, tippet, florican, light mottled turkey, parrot, golden pheasant tail, gallina, and dark bustard, swan dyed yellow, yellow-green, light yellow, and claret; two strips of mallard above.
Sides. Yellow macaw and scarlet ibis in married strips.
Horns. Blue macaw.
Long material list
Materials in pattern
We are working on getting more images to cover all parts.