|Author||Pryce-Tannatt, Thomas Edwin|
|Book||How to Dress Salmon Flies|
- Hook: 1 1/4 to 3 inches
- Tag: Silver thread, dark orange floss
- Tail: A topping and Indian Crow
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Black floss
- Rib: Flat silver and twist
- Hackle: Black hackle (black Heron in the bigger sizes)
- Throat: Guinea
- Wing: Mixed. Scarlet, orange and blue Swan. Bustard, Florican, mottled grey Turkey tail and Golden Pheasant tail. Short strip of Guinea wing
- Cheeks: Blue Chatterer
- Topping: Golden pheasant topping
- Horns: Blue and Yellow Macaw
As written in the book:
(hook, 1 1/4 to 3 inches).
Tag: Silver thread and dark orange floss.
Tail : A topping and Indian Crow.
Butt: Black herl.
Body: Black floss.
Ribs: Flat silver tinsel and twist.
Hackle: A black hackle (black Heron in the bigger sizes).
Throat: Speckled Gallina.
Wings: Mixed "married " strands of scarlet, orange, and blue Swan, Bustard, Florican, mottled grey Turkey tail, and Golden Pheasant tail; a short strip of Speckled Gallina wing over.
Cheeks: Blue Chatterer; a topping over all.
Horns: Blue and Yellow Macaw.