|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"On those rivers where dark flies are used on bright days and fail, I have many times witnessed the success of this pattern."
- Tag: Gold twist, gold silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Indian Crow
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/2 embossed gold, butted with two small Golden Pheasant toppings above and below, black herl. 1/2 gold silk
- Rib:1/2 fine oval silver, 1/2 fine black silk and oval gold
- Throat: Red and yellow Macaw
- Wings: Two strips of gold Swan, three Golden Pheasant toppings
- Cheeks: Indian Crow
- Horns: Blue and red Macaw
As written in the book:
TAG. Gold twist and gold silk.
TAIL. A topping and Indian Crow.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. In two sections: No. 1, gold embossed tinsel, ribbed with silver tinsel (oval, fine), butted with two small toppings above and below, and black herl; No. 2, gold silk, ribbed with black purse silk (fine) and gold tinsel (oval) alongside it.
THROAT. Red and yellow Macaw.
WINGS. Two strips of Swan dyed gold, and three toppings.
CHEEKS. Indian Crow.
HORNS. Blue and red Macaw.