|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|Description||"An excellent fly in very bright weather on the Inver, Usk, Tweed, Spey, Blackwater, Boyne, Test, and Wye, etc."
|Tags||austen-leigh, inver, usk, tweed, spey, blackwater, boyne, test, wye,|
- Tag: Silver twist, pink silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: Yellow, magenta, light blue, plum-claret and dark blue Berlin wool, tied in even sections
- Ribs: Silver lace
- Throat: Light blue, Blue Jay
- Wings: Four Golden Pheasant toppings
- Horns: Blue Macaw
- Head: Black herl
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and pink silk.
TAIL. A topping.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. Evenly divided coils (wasp fashion) of yellow, majenta, light blue, plum-claret and dark blue Berlin wools.
RIBS. Silver lace.
THROAT. Light blue hackle and Jay.
WINGS. Four toppings.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.
HEAD. Black herl.