|Author||Kelson, George M.|
|Book||The Salmon Fly|
|"One of my oldest and most successful patterns at the present time"
- Tag: Silver twist, light blue silk
- Tail: Golden Pheasant topping, Ibis, Summer Duck
- Butt: Black herl
- Body: 1/4 yellow silk, 3/4 oval silver
- Ribs: Oval gold
- Hackle: Large Irish-grey from oval silver
- Throat: Teal, three turns
- Wings: Alternate narrow strips of yellow and black Swan, married. Summer Duck, Golden Pheasant topping
- Sides: Jungle Cock
- Cheeks: Chatterer
- Horns: Blue Macaw
As written in the book:
TAG. Silver twist and light blue silk.
TAIL. A topping, Ibis and Summer Duck.
BUTT. Black herl.
BODY. One-fourth of yellow silk, followed by silver tinsel (oval).
RIBS. Gold tinsel (oval).
HACKLE. Large Irish-grey from oval tinsel.
THROAT. Teal, three turns.
WINGS. Alternate narrow strips of Swan dyed yellow and black, married; Summer Duck and a topping.
HORNS. Blue Macaw.